Sigal Hemy is the director of the Jewish Women’s Foundation of Metropolitan Detroit. She partners with the organization’s over 150 trustees to lead the organization’s grantmaking and operations, ultimately expanding opportunities for Jewish women, their families, and community.
Prior to JWF, Sigal was a program officer at the Fred A. and Barbara M. Erb Family Foundation, where she staffed grants in arts, culture, and sustainability, and managed a $3.6 million grants portfolio. Sigal has worked in the nonprofit and philanthropic sector for over 10 years, overseeing programming at the intersection of arts & culture, education, and community development. She serves on the Michigan Council of Arts and Cultural Affairs, a position appointed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer, and is on the board of directors of People for Palmer Park.
Sigal received her MBA at the University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business, specializing in strategy and social impact. A classical clarinetist, she also holds a Master of Music degree from the University of Michigan.
- Debra Singer, Chair
- Mara Moss, Associate Chair
- Linda Kovan, Treasurer
- Ellen Maiseloff, Secretary
- Jeannie Weiner, Representative to the UJF Board
- Cathey Graub, Abbe Sherbin, Lori Siegel, At-large representatives to the JWF Exec Committee
- Judy Elson, Intergenerational representative to the JWF Exec Committee
- Linda Hayman, Programming, Outreach & Membership
- Carolyn Iwrey and Beth Davidson, Grants Planning & Development
- Linda Kovan, Finance
- Roz Blanck and Regina Colton, Israel and Diaspora
- Patti Phillips
- Gail Danto
- Randie Levin
- Carolyn Tisdale
- Trudi Wineman`
- Lisa Lis
- Sharon Hart
- Beverly Liss
- Margot Halperin (founding chair)
- Helen Katz