Mara Moss is the director of the Jewish Women’s Foundation (JWF) of Metropolitan Detroit. She partners with over 150 trustees to lead the organizations grantmaking and operations, ultimately expanding opportunities for Jewish women, their families and community.
Mara was previously Associate Chair of the JWF, and prior was Grants Planning Chair. Mara has over 10 years of experience working with JWF. In addition she has served on the Board of Governors of Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit, (JFMD) the Board of Women’s Philanthropy of JFMD, on the Executive Committee of the Board of Jewish Family Service, and Co-Chair of the Legal Referral Service. In addition, she continues to pack meals weekly for Kosher Meals on Wheels and participated in the 2018- 2019 Legacy Heritage Onboard Program.
Mara received her Bachelor of Arts from Emory University and her Juris Doctor from Wayne State University. Mara resides in Bloomfield Hills with her husband, two children and two dogs.
- Debra Singer, Chair
- Mara Moss, Associate Chair
- Linda Kovan, Treasurer
- Ellen Maiseloff, Secretary
- Jeannie Weiner, Representative to the UJF Board
- Cathey Graub, Abbe Sherbin, Lori Siegel, At-large representatives to the JWF Exec Committee
- Judy Elson, Intergenerational representative to the JWF Exec Committee
- Linda Hayman, Programming, Outreach & Membership
- Carolyn Iwrey and Beth Davidson, Grants Planning & Development
- Linda Kovan, Finance
- Roz Blanck and Regina Colton, Israel and Diaspora
- Patti Phillips
- Gail Danto
- Randie Levin
- Carolyn Tisdale
- Trudi Wineman`
- Lisa Lis
- Sharon Hart
- Beverly Liss
- Margot Halperin (founding chair)
- Helen Katz