Mara Moss is the director of the Jewish Women’s Foundation (JWF) of Metropolitan Detroit. She partners with over 150 trustees to lead the organizations grantmaking and operations, ultimately expanding opportunities for Jewish women, their families and community.
Mara was previously Associate Chair of the JWF, and prior was Grants Planning Chair. Mara has over 10 years of experience working with JWF. In addition she has served on the Board of Governors of Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit, (JFMD) the Board of Women’s Philanthropy of JFMD, on the Executive Committee of the Board of Jewish Family Service, and Co-Chair of the Legal Referral Service. In addition, she continues to pack meals weekly for Kosher Meals on Wheels and participated in the 2018- 2019 Legacy Heritage Onboard Program.
Mara received her Bachelor of Arts from Emory University and her Juris Doctor from Wayne State University. Mara resides in Bloomfield Hills with her husband, two children and two dogs.
2022 -2024 Executive Committee
- Chair: Debbie Singer
- Associate Chair: Carolyn Iwrey
- Treasurer: Marla Kaftan
- Secretary: Sharon Resnick
- UJF Representative: Jeannie Weiner
- At-Large Representatives: Tracy Aronoff , Susan Morse, Jane Steinger
- Grants Planning Co-Chairs: Ellen Maiseloff and Harriett Orley
- Israel Grants Co-Chairs: Roz Blanck and Diane Goldstein
- Membership Planning and Programming Co-Chairs: Regina Colton, Helen Katz and Abbe Sherbin
- Patti Phillips
- Gail Danto
- Randie Levin
- Carolyn Tisdale
- Trudi Wineman`
- Lisa Lis
- Sharon Hart
- Beverly Liss
- Margot Halperin (founding chair)
- Helen Katz